Helpful Sites for Visual Aides and more....

http://www.pbs.org/search/search_results.html?q=immigration http://www.pbs.org/search/search_programsaz.html http://www.goodreads.com http://www.mygradebook.com nomadcarson@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow DAY Make-up!!! "Nature: Determine It" and TRANSCENDENTALISM

Using your annotated notes on Emerson's "Self-Reliance" and THoreau's "Civil Disobedience" (should be up to page 1332 by tomorrow),
1. annotate and
2. make specific correlations to Transcendentalist's ideals with this Hip-Hop song:


Nature: Determine It
by Melissa Carry and The Peoples’ Proverb—Kenny
beats by Freequensee (aka Kyle Carson)


Hook
Inspiration
comes from experiences.
They seem to make it all sensible.
Expiration of ideas leads us to complacency,
at a place where we can’t see the end 5
or better yet,
where we began to understand confusion,
creating this illusion of complexity,
Then we start to see life at its simplest.

Stop and look around 10
Do birds not make their nests in tree
that grow from fertile ground?
When the day is new,
do you not hear their sound?
Do they not fly away 15
when seasons change,
does nature not rearrange
addressing to the new seasons?
This gives me a reason to know
that all things work together to flow 20
instead analyzing [weather]

CHORUS

Seems times that all things work together
I won’t waste no time
analyzing whether
Life is going as I planned 25
So here I stand
Letting Nature be the Determinate

Verse 1 (The Peoples’ Proverb)

In this lifetime,
I find
That like minds combine 30
Combined

All ties and signs
to live Divine
I’ve tried along the lines of fire.

Been confined 35
but I’ll never comply
with the lies designed
to misguide and defy
the blind (my eyes)
To the lives of a thousand kind (you know why?) 40
because I’m alive and living
And the sky’s the limit
I rise within it and fly infinite

(I’mma live forever!)

Until it’s safe 45
I never get through the hate
So I pray with my feet
And never stay in one place
I wear my heart on my sleeve
Eyes to the skies 50
sometimes it’s hard to believe
that people love ya, ‘cause I’m all of the above and

I’m blessed and ain’t worried about stress
I’m on the grind and the world is mine
And what’s mines is ours 55
So take it in stride
(YES!)
Turn up a left
I’mma make it one breath (breaf)
and one step at a time
(RIGHT!) 60

CHORUS

Woke up this morning
sun shining high
took a walk outside
clouds smiling “hi.”
with the wind to my back 65
ready to face the world
spread my winds and glide
(HIGH!)
like sailing birds.

Cause I know I’m heading on the right path (the right path) 70
Wherever I go, my life is on the right track (the right track)
And you can’t tell me I wasn’t designed to fly (designed to fly)
So let the wind blow and watch me as I pass by (pass by)

CHORUS

Seems times that all things work together 75
I won’t waste no time
analyzing whether
Life is going as I planned
So here I stand
Letting Nature be the Determinate 80

Cause I know I’m heading on the right path (the right path)
Wherever I go, my life is on the right track (the right track)
And you can’t tell me I wasn’t designed to fly (designed to fly)
So let the wind blow and watch me as I pass by (pass by)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The moral virtues, then, are produced in us neither by nature nor against nature. Nature, indeed, prepares in us the ground for their reception, but their complete formation is the product of habit.

Aristole


Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/moral.html#ixzz1GOzV14Dd